Tuesday, March 3, 2009

GONE 5 MONTHS...SO HAS MY BRAIN!!!!

I was taking out plates for dinner last night and took out 5...did the same thing the night before. So, my question is...why the heck would I do that 5 months after Colin has left? Certainly we've fallen into a routine as a family..we cook less, our water bill is less, we've made some changes to the basement decor, which was previously Colin's domain. But, I still check facebook and his blog many times a day starting right after breakfast in the hopes that I'll catch him live and be able to exchange a few words. Any contact with my boy is so precious!

Right now he's in Sri Lanka with Steve on a mini vacation. Yesterday he stayed in the sun too long with his lilly-white skin and is suffering as a result according to this blog. A Sri Lankan cricket team was attacked in India overnight...of course I worry that uprisings will occur in Sri Lanka again as a spin-off. Out of sight is not out of mind in my case. I relish the fact that he can travel and really enjoy every minute of this year long experience, but I will never stop worrying! A mother's perogative I think. His year long trip reminds me so much of my stint with Canada World Youth in 1972-73...a life altering experience! I wish I could be a fly on his shoulder and take it all in for myself and not just get fleeting glimpses from photos on facebook. I will never stop missing my boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe you are "thinking about Colin" MORE...right now...because of his travelling outside the comfort zone of Japan.

Consequently the plate error.

I suspect it is less likely to happen when he is "home" safe and sound in Japan.