Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Who Will Eat The Leg?

Not a question ordinarily asked, but let's face it...we don't like dark turkey meat and the leg always goes to Colin. And as I asked it I realized that I do miss my boy and that this Thanksgiving is only the first of the special meals that he'll miss in the next year! He's not fond of turkey to start with and didn't even realize that it was Thanksgiving this past weekend...a zillion miles away from here and his meal no doubt consisted of rice of some sort.

We msn messenger every day now and it feels as if he's in the next room as I bombard him with questions, which he answers succinctly as if they're a bother. But the daily contact is welcomed on this side anyway and the main reason why I haven't had a need to blog in the last week. As one friend asked me..is it out of sight out of mind or absence makes the heart grow fonder? No doubt a little of both on my part...my heart couldn't grow any fonder for Colin and it's a bit easier to accept his being away with every passing day. We're already talking about how much he'll be changed when he returns. For his part, he's busy with a new life and probably not thinking too much about Canada at all at this stage. I try to keep him abreast of daily happenings in our house as well as Winnipeg and Canada. The girls anxiously await every new blog and love talking to him live on msn. We look at the pictures over and over noticing something new every time! The Winnipeg Free Press is on strike as of today so news will have to come from tv or the internet and it's election day in Canada. Will Harper grab a majority this time? How did Colin spend his weekend?

No comments: