Friday, December 12, 2008

I Cried Today - I Miss My Boy!

Last night we finally had time to put lights on the tree, which has been standing ready since Sunday and the girls started to decorate it. All breakables are close to the top and the ones that kittens can swat are of course sensibly near the bottom.

No one loves Christmas more than me and I decorate extensively! I've always enjoyed doing it and am finishing the job in the daylight with Christmas music blaring. I found myself with mixed feelings when I brought out all the special 'Colin' decorations..of which there are many. Happy to see them all again and sad that I'm putting them up myself.

I've collected special ornaments since the kids were born..many have their names on them, some have pictures of when they were little with missing teeth. Every year we add more. Even tho Colin wasn't that eager in the latter years to help decorate the tree (video games always more important) I always left his out so that he was forced to put them on. After all, tradition is tradition! Well, this year it's my job and the reality that he'll be away for Christmas for the first time ever really affected me as I brought out his engraved ornaments and listened to jazz carols in the background!

I've tried to make his Japanese Christmas special and sent 2 parcels loaded with goodies he's fond of and some Christmasy things to decorate his small apt. including a very small tabletop tree. Omi sent him one too.

This is one Christmas that none of us will ever forget! I look forward to speaking with him on the 24th and sharing stories!

No comments: